“A fresh, exciting voice … Forged by Fate is not to be missed!” — Saranna DeWylde, author of the 10 Days series
“You won’t be able to deny that Miss Dillin is a genius.” — Parajunkee
Amalia Dillin began as a biology major at the University of North Dakota before taking Latin and falling in love with old heroes and older gods. After that, she couldn’t stop writing about them, with the occasional break for more contemporary subjects. She lives in upstate New York with her husband, and dreams of the day when she will own goats — to pull her chariot through the sky, of course.
Published with World Weaver Press:
Since the gods returned Adam’s memory six hundred years ago, Thor has been a scourge on his lives. But when Adam learns that Thor has been haunting his steps out of love for Eve, he is determined to banish the thunder god once and for all. Adam is no fool: Eve still loves the man she knew as Thorgrim, and if she ever learned he still lived, that he still loved her, Adam would lose any chance of winning Eve to his side, never mind liberating the world. But after everything Thor has done to protect Eve, everything he’s sacrificed, the thunder god won’t go without a fight. Not as long as Eve might love him again.
Which means that Adam has to find a new ally. The enemy of his enemy, complete with burning sword and righteous resentment of the gods. But in order to attract the Archangel Michael’s attention, he needs Eve — an unmarried Eve, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
It shouldn’t be too difficult to find her in the future. Not now that he knows how to look.
Mia’s lived in her sister’s shadow long enough. Now that Abby is getting married to a Frenchman, Mia scents freedom. In fact, Jean DeLeon, the groom’s too-charming cousin, seems like the perfect place to start. But the House of Lions is full of secrets, and what started out as an exciting fling is quickly becoming more frustration than fun. Mia wants answers, or she wants out, and it isn’t like she doesn’t have other options. Ethan Hastings, for example. Tall, handsome, and gray eyes like nothing she’s ever seen before. The fact that Jean seems to hate him is just a bonus. (This novella takes place during the events of Forged by Fate.)
Every god, from each of the world’s pantheons, mythologies, and religions — they’re all real.
After Adam fell, God made Eve to protect the world. — Adam has pursued Eve since the dawn of creation, intent on using her power to create a new world and make himself its God. Throughout history, Eve has thwarted him, determined to protect the world and all of creation. Unknown to her, the Norse god Thor has been sent by the Council of Gods to keep her from Adam’s influence, and more, to protect the interests of the gods themselves. But this time, Adam is after something more than just Eve’s power — he desires her too, body and soul, even if it means the destruction of the world. Eve cannot allow it, but as one generation melds into the next, she begins to wonder if Adam might be a man she could love.
Find Amalia Dillin online:
Reviews/Discussions of Forged by Fate
- Parajunkee 4.5 Star Review!
- Jeep Diva Reviews
- Charity Bradford
- Not Another Book Review: Three novels that explore mythic duality in women’s lives
- Book Chick City “New Series Alert!”
Features, Interviews, and Guest Appearances:
- History with a Twist
- Heather McCorkle
- Firefly Willows L*I*V*E* blogtalkradio show
- World Weaver Press: Ten points for Gaston!
- Mia Hayson’s My Literary Jam & Toast
- Stephanie Thornton’s blog
- Spice of Life, Rebecca Roland’s blog
- A Simple Love of Reading
- World Weaver Press: On Being a Son of Odin
- World Weaver Press: Bookshelves and Big Dreams
- Larissa’s Bookish Life: Historical Figures and Ancient Myths make for Fascinating Characters
- Marilyn Almodovar’s blog: The Mythology of Forged by Fate
- Babbling About Books and More: The Religious Influence of Forged by Fate
- Charity Bradford’s blog (author of The Magic Wakes): Theme Songs of Forged by Fate
- Fade Into Fantasy: Why I Love My Heroes
- Howling Turtle: The Origins of Forged by Fate
- Zac Tringali’s blog: The Re-Invention of Myth
- Diana Paz’s blog (author of Timespell): Athena in the Modern World
- Roni Loren’s blog (author of the bestselling Loving on the Edge series): Forged By Fate and the Great Genre Debate
- Kevin Hearne’s Writer’s Grove (author of the bestselling Iron Druid Chronicles): For the Love of Thor
- Good to Begin Well, Better to End Well: Discussion with Kristina Wojtaszek on the intersection of fairy tales and mythology.
- World Weaver Press: Stop, Drop, and Edit
- World Weaver Press: The Real Magic of Fall: NaNoWriMo
- World Weaver Press: The Octopus in the Basement and Other Childhood Scares
- World Weaver Press: Our authors’ favorite things about fall: Each red-tipped maple leaf